We are seeking an experienced, inspiring, forward-thinking educator who is eager to help us transform the way we prepare students for higher education and for life.
As our Program Director, you will be responsible for ensuring that our program and product offerings meet our learning outcomes, and that we provide an exceptional and transformative educational experience for our students. The role is part educator, part instructional designer, part coach/manager, and full collaborator. You will be a key part of the leadership team and will act as the bridge between the leadership and the program team, ensuring that both perspectives are represented in the decision-making process. Working from our core outcomes framework, you will own the curriculum and ensure that our programs and staff effectively achieve our core outcomes, while providing a learning experience that exceeds expectations.
You will build and lead a team that can design and scale experiential, engaging, and effective educational programs aimed at different audiences that drive us toward our vision. You will manage internal program elements and external partnerships to ensure our curriculum aligns with third party requirements while maintaining the integrity of our program. You will constantly collect data to track and improve all areas of the program, using insights to gain buy-in and secure resources and budget for further development. If you have the education, administration, and curriculum chops and are hungry to apply your experience to a fast-paced, education startup with lofty aspirations, then this is the role for you!
About Year On
Year On is on a mission to support high school graduates learn about themselves so they are better prepared for college and beyond. We use our coaching methodology to meet students where they are so they can identify what interests them in a proactive way. Our graduates talk about how this program changed their lives, leaving them better prepared for what is ahead, even if they don’t have all of the answers.
If you’re someone who looks back and thinks, “I really wish I took some time to think about who I was before I jumped into college/work/life,” this is a unique opportunity to contribute to a team that is building a program to support students gain confidence, clarity, and direction for their next steps.
- Passionate about education and empowering young adults to realize their potential
- Experiential educator in both traditional and nontraditional settings
- Instructional designer in classroom, online, and blended learning environments
- Experience collaborating with educators in the design, development, and implementation of instructional content, courses, and projects
- Experience creating, articulating, and measuring focused learning objectives, outcomes, and competencies
- Experience incorporating business goals and constraints into educational initiatives
- Experience working with university administrators and managing partnerships
- Forward-thinker who is able to see the small details, the big picture, how things are now, and where we can go from here
- Data-driven numbers person who understands the importance of data and knows how to collect and analyze data, as well as to glean and implement insights
- Natural networker with strong industry relationships within the space
- Inspirational leader who is able to oversee a dynamic and distributed team
- Fast learner who is highly motivated to work efficiently and adapt quickly
- Strong leadership, program management, and organizational skills
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to scale our program and meet our learning objectives, including leveraging technology to improve the student experience and scale programmatic content
- Develop and maintain a roadmap that prioritizes ongoing program development and improvement in terms of student experience, operational constraints, and business goals
- Develop a system to evaluate and track growth in our students — from initial pre-program benchmarking through the completion of the program and into their next steps as alumni
- Ensure all company values and program policies are expressed and implemented throughout the program
- Act as the point of escalation for any student, parent, or staff issues that arise during our programs
- Manage the program team, providing structure and support to ensure they deliver on the program outcomes and provide an exceptional experience for our students
- Collaborate with growth department to:
- Identify customer personas and translate our program and outcomes into external messaging and communications
- Balance business goals and revenue targets with educational outcomes and student experience
- Work closely with external parties, including university and accreditation partners
- Track analytics to continuously improve content and deepen student learning
- 10 to 15 years experience as an educator, administrator, and/or department chair
- Experience in instructional design and/or program design
- Experience building, leading, and managing a team of educators and coaches
- Experience working with young adults and interfacing with parents
- Proven experience tracking analytics and exceeding educational KPIs
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into educational initiatives and contextualize goals and constraints for program and leadership teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities at once
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced, cross-functional, dynamic, and ambiguous startup environment
Nice to Have:
- Experience scaling an educational program in numbers and locations
- Experience taking an offline educational program and putting it online
- Experience managing a distributed team
- Experience managing partnerships in the U.S. and abroad
- Strong network connections with high school and university administrators
- Startup experience and/or entrepreneurial mindset
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Free lunch when programs are in session
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Dog-friendly office
- Based out of Galvanize in San Francisco, CA
How We Work
We are a group of hard-working, fun-loving people who take our jobs seriously but like to laugh along the way. We are passionate about empowering young adults with the skills and know-how to succeed in the real world. Our students inspire us every day and fuel the work that we do.
We are open-minded and open-hearted. We value community, diversity, and inclusion. We live the same values as we teach our students: growth mindset, bias towards action, goal setting, and accountability. We like kind jokes with a side of sarcasm. We are open to feedback and self-improvement. We continually challenge ourselves to become better as individuals, colleagues, and a team.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Director” as the subject line.