We are looking for a Community Outreach Intern to help us on our mission of empowering young adults with the confidence, clarity, and direction they need for success in college and in life.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Year On is an experiential education program that guides people to uncover the core of who they are, where they want to go and how to get there. We are launching our inaugural Year On gap year program and we are looking for a Community Outreach Intern to help us on our mission of empowering young adults with the confidence, clarity, and direction they need for success in college and in life.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Do you love meeting new people? Could you chat with a random stranger for hours on the phone? Do you find it easy to speak your mind both verbally and in writing? If so, we’re looking for someone like you who has the communication skills and energy to play a vital role in our community outreach and social media marketing strategies. You will be responsible for cold calling prospective students, reaching out to our audience online, and creating content for social media.
This is a two-pronged role that requires strong interpersonal skills and ability to pick up online technologies quickly.
Our working environment is casual and we are a small team that works hard but values fun more than anything. There is plenty of opportunity for your voice to be heard and for your ideas to be put into motion. Sound like you? Good, we look forward to reading your application.
– Support the Marketing Manager and Admissions team in conducting outreach to prospective fellows over the phone and online
– Take ownership of reporting call outcomes and building out call scripts to educate prospective students and parents about Year On’s programs
– Create digital content (posts, photos, videos) for Year On’s social media channels
– Write content for online forums (Reddit, Quora, etc.) to generate awareness for Year On and build community around gap years
– Contribute to creating the voice and aesthetic of the Year On brand
– Outstanding communication skills and ability to influence others internally and externally
– Confidence pitching to both 1:1 and 1:many situations
– Ability to build rapport with students, parents, and educators
– Writing skills and familiarity with creating content for social media
– Ability to perform well in highly dynamic, rapidly changing startup environment
– Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills– Knowledge of mainstream social media platforms, best practices, and user behavior, particularly Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat
– Acute attention to detail, including correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation
– Motivated self-starter who works well independently to meet deadlines
– Nice to have:
– Experience with graphic design, photography, and/or videography
– Previous experience at a startup
– An understanding of CRM systems like HubSpot or Salesforce
Extra: HUGE opportunity to learn from a dynamic team and to take advantage of the resources available in our coworking space.